As a parent, your child’s health may be even more important to you than your own. You want the best for your child, and that’s completely understandable.
At Premier Smiles Dentistry, we are proud to offer exceptional, comprehensive care for all ages and stages – and that includes the youngest members of your family! Choosing a family dentist for your child’s care is a great way to simplify your life. Schedule your family’s cleanings together, and you don’t have to worry about trying to keep track of several different appointments. Our office offers extended hours with early morning and evening appointments. We’re even open every other Saturday, so you can always schedule an appointment at a time that’s convenient for you.
Dr. Nick Devani has skill and experience treating children, and we love having kids in our office. Every member of our team is friendly and welcoming, and we make it easy for your child to feel comfortable and confident coming to our office for their dental care. We believe that establishing good dental habits young is the key to preventing fear and anxiety later in life, and we take that responsibility and your trust seriously.
Comprehensive Children’s Dentistry
Every stage of life has its own unique needs and concerns, and that includes childhood. Dr. Devani’s Cypress dental office provides a multitude of treatments and procedures so that your child can get the care he or she needs from the dentist your family trusts. From cleanings and examinations to more specialized treatments, your child is in great hands.
Is your child worried about visiting the dentist? Does he or she need to have a procedure performed? Nitrous oxide is an excellent choice. It’s safe and effective and easy to use with kids. We are able to adjust the dosage throughout treatment so that your child can have the exact appropriate dose to keep him or her comfortable.
With nitrous oxide, your child will feel relaxed and maybe even a little euphoric – they do call it “laughing gas” for a reason, after all! Sensations are dulled and the appointment will seem to fly by.
Treatments and Procedures
Does your child need a little extra help to keep his or her teeth healthy? That’s okay – and it’s not uncommon. Some of the procedures we perform to keep kids’ teeth healthy include:
- Composite bonding – This is an excellent choice to improve the appearance of a damaged baby tooth (or even a permanent tooth). We use composite material, the same kind used for filling teeth, to conceal or repair areas of trauma or decay.
- Pulpotomy – This procedure is sometimes called a “baby root canal,” but it’s not quite the same thing. If the pulp in your child’s molar develops an infection, we can remove it and seal the tooth for protection, preventing the loss of the tooth until it’s time for it to come out.
- Extractions – Accidents happen, and sometimes kids’ teeth get damaged and don’t come out like they are supposed to. When this is the case, an extraction is the right choice.
- Space maintainer – On the flip side, a child may lose a tooth too early. If the space isn’t filled, other teeth may drift, setting up a situation that can only be corrected with orthodontics. A space maintainer can prevent that from happening.
- Sealants – Children often have deep grooves in their back teeth that are hard to keep clean. These grooves are like a magnet for cavities. Sealants are a thin coat of a plastic-like material that seals the grooves and protects the teeth from cavities.
Call Today to Schedule Your Appointment
Give us a call to schedule your child’s appointment. We are happy to answer your questions and check your insurance coverage.